Thursday, October 20, 2011

#LisaIrwin : Identical Missing Baby Case

Taken from the Hinky meter.

ellejay wrote:..interesting missing baby case---that happened in ft.bragg around the time that deborah (and her then military husband) lived there...

.."Harmony's father, Ronald Earl Creech II, returned from a deployment in Iraq Friday hoping to see his daughter. Harmony was born while he was overseas, police said. Creech is a soldier with the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg.

Harmony's grandmother picked up Creech from the airport Friday to take him to the house to see his daughter.

( the mother) Heuser stayed behind at the house, police said. Heuser initially told police she last saw Harmony after putting her to bed Thursday night. She said Harmony was wearing pink pajamas with the words "Daddy's Girl" on them.

When police arrived at the house Friday, they discovered that a pink bed sheet, a few bibs and most of Harmony's clothing were missing. Also, the window in the baby's room was open, and the screen had been removed."

--------and the mother is hysterical----the baby's missing!!

A seemingly distraught Johni Michelle Heuser can be heard crying while her mother talked with an emergency dispatcher Friday morning to report that Heuser’s baby daughter, Harmony Jade Creech, was missing.

During the 911 call, Heuser wailed, sobbed and retched as she clung to the child’s father, Sgt. Ronald Creech II, who expected a joyous reunion with his daughter after a 15-month deployment in Iraq.

Heuser sobbed quietly at first and tried to quiet her other three children. Irizarry calmly explained to the 911 dispatcher that the child’s father had just returned home from Iraq and wanted to see his child. Irizarry said that the window in Harmony’s room was open and that she was gone, along with her diaper bag and clothing.

Heuser’s quiet sobs dissolved into wailing when her mother asked her what the child was wearing. Pink pajamas with the words “Daddy’s Girl” across the front, Heuser answered in a high, quavering voice.

Heuser told her mother to tell the dispatcher she saw her daughter at 11:30 p.m. the night before.

“It was right after you left when I fed her,” Heuser said to her mother between sobs. Local and federal authorities had doubts about Heuser’s story from the start of their investigation. Harnett Sheriff’s Maj. Gary McNeill said Tuesday that Heuser had flunked a certified voice stress test administered by the sheriff’s office and a polygraph test by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Mother indicted----Deputies found the toddler’s remains in her mother’s attic on Oct. 20, 2007. The indictment states the child was killed between Aug. 31, 2007, and Sept. 30, 2007.

The child had been wrapped in a plastic bag and stuffed in an empty diaper box in a corner of the attic, authorities said. The body was so badly decomposed that medical examiners have never been able to determine a cause of death.

She later told investigators that she found the baby dead in her crib weeks earlier and hid the death out of fear.

“The statements she was making to us indicated she was deceptive,” said McNeill, who added that the investigation continues.